Rev’d. Kayode Owolabi
Assisting Priest – Reveren Kayode Owolabi
I earned both Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering (BSCE) and Master of Engineering (M. Eng.) from Howard University, Washington, DC, USA, I earned the Certified Public Manager (CPM) certificate from the Council of Governments (COG) Institute for Regional Excellence / George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA, as well as a Certificate in Theological Education by Extension, Education for Ministry, from the School of Theology, The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, USA
I have over four decades of engineering experience with service in various capacities, both in the public and private sectors.
Prior to my call to ordained ministry, my Community and Church Involvement spanning over two decades include:
- Lay Preacher and Peoples Warden, All Saints Anglican Church, Hyattsville, MD, USA.
- Senior Warden, Episcopal Church of the Ascension, Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
- Lay Eucharistic Minister, Episcopal Diocese of Washington, USA,
- Chair, Diocesan Commission on Ministry, Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Member, Executive Committee, Diocesan Council, Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- President and Chairman, Board of Trustees, The Ijebu Association of the USA, Washington, DC.
- Vice-Chairman, Alliance of Yoruba Organizations and Clubs, Washington, DC.
I was ordained into the Holy Order of Deacon on December 10, 2017 and into the Holy Order of Priest on December 9, 2018.